7 Jars are Better than None!
It began with all of this…..
I had more tomatoes than this, we have had a crazy amount of tomatoes and I was really looking forward to making salsa. In the end, I felt like it was a lot of work and a lot of veggies to yield only Seven 500ml jars of salsa! But if you like to chop, and peel tomatoes or just have some spare time on your hands to make salsa then I say Go for it! It’s yummy!
- 8 cups peeled, seeded and chopped tomatoes
- 3 cups green peppers
- 2 cups sweet banana peppers (I used a few varieties of peppers)
- 2 cups red peppers
- 1 cup Jalapeno peppers
- 2 cups chopped onions
- 2 cups chopped celery
- 1 can tomato paste (I used 2)
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1tbsp salt
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp oregano
- 2 tbsp parsley
- 2/3 cup vinegar
- 1 1/8 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- I added hot sauce to the last half of the salsa, so I have some mild, and some hot!
Chop everything up (thank you food processor)
Add it all to a big pot except for the cilantro
Bring it to a boil
Reduce heat and simmer for 1/2 hour
Then stir in cilantro and Jar.