PB Chocolate Chip Cookies
July 18, 2009
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies Adapted from Baking from my home to yours by Dorie Greenspan
- The only reason these cookies are “adapted” is because I ran out of brown sugar, and i didn’t have any peanuts (the original recipe calls for chopped peanuts) oh, I also added chocolate chips. Peanut butter cookies NEED chocolate chips!2 1/2 cups all purpose flour1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Pinch of freshly grated butmeg YUM! haha just noticed the typo…you could use NUTMEG here too!
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup peanut butter (smooth or crunchy, it’s up to you!)
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar (i was all out, had to use white sugar)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 lrg eggs
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
- additional sugar for rolling
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line baking sheets with parchment
- Beat the butter and peanut butter on medium speed until smooth adn well combined. Add the sugars and beat for an additional 3 minutes. Add eggs one at a time beating 1 minute after each egg.
- Scrape the bowl!
- Add the dry ingredients while mixing on low speed and mix until just combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips
- Roll balls (i used a small dough scoop) about 1 tbsp Roll the dough in sugar and place on lined cookie sheet.
- flatten dough balls with times of a forkm creating a criss cross pattern and bake for about 12 minutes. After cooling 1 minute on cookie sheet, transfer cookies to cool on a wire rack.